Sometimes known as external or exterior blinds, outdoor blinds Singapore help create a comfortable outdoor living space by providing privacy and shade. In addition, they add a unique, aesthetic appeal to a home and allow one to enjoy afternoons on a patio by blocking out heat. These types of blinds are available on the market in different types, styles and designs.
6 Tips on Choosing Outdoor Blinds in Singapore
There are different types of fabrics used to make outdoor blinds Singapore. One is acrylics fabric which covers the majority of weather conditions and is mainly suitable for environments with high humidity or rain. Another type of fabric is mesh which is available in different grades from a 90% block out to 98% block out. With this fabric, the view is still maintained, but you have the privacy.
2.Where do you want to use the blinds?
When choosing outdoor blinds, it is important to know the exact place or area you want to use them. Do you want to them to cover the whole deck completely? Are they to protect your outdoor furniture from the sun only?
You can find straight drop blinds which aren’t sealed and are typically used by people who want to keep their walls or decorative posts free from tracking. These blinds can also be used in areas like pathways where you don’t want to protrude to the outside access area.
Wire guided blinds offer style, control and functionality and can be used in areas with limited access or space for securing the blind’s bottom. They are not also sealed to posts but they have a wire to help guide in retracting them.
· Blind gear box operation: This is a winding mechanism that allows one to wind the window blind up or down ,as well as tension it in the down position, thereby minimizing any wrinkling.
· Spring loaded retractable operation: This uses a pre-tension loaded spring located at the tube at the top of the blind that helps in rolling up the blind for an easy and quick operation.
· Cord & pulley operation: It is a looped cord which is pulled to roll blinds up & down. Usually, a roll up blind is rolled from the bottom and can be operated by a cord or else rolled up using the hand.
· Motorized operation: This type of operating system provides convenience as all you need to do is press a button.
6. Determine the kind of manufacturing you want
Virtually all fabrics, with the exception of cotton base cloths, are high-frequency welded. Welding fuses fabric together under high pressure to make the join not only stronger but also longer lasting. This prevents the material from tearing and degradation due to moulds or water buildup. It does not puncture the fabric at all.
Cotton based fabrics, on the other hand, needs to be stitched together. If you go for this type, make sure you use a strong, bonded polyuv stable thread.