Interior decor is one fascinating field and one that is well explained in drawings and figures, not words. It is no doubt that everyone is more concerned with how things feel and look around them. Thinking of living in heaven here on earth? Then there is more to it. Converting your home into this peaceful sanctuary goes beyond furniture and paintings. More consideration should be taken staring from the word go: how the house is designed, how it is painted, how it is furnished up to how it smells. Nonetheless, our focus in this article is going to be on taking care of the windows using roller blinds.
What is a roller blind?
In simple words possible, roller blinds can be defined as curtains alternative, or rather, stiffened fabrics that are/can be rolled up onto a tube to pave way for light penetration they just like curtains serve the purpose of blocking harmful UV rays and most importantly, prevent dust and unnecessary wind from blowing into your home or office.
Why install roller blinds and not curtains?
· Roller blinds are easier and more economical to install- it is needless to say that Singapore is home to many great designers and architects. Finding someone qualified and experienced to install roller blinds in your office or home may not even take you 30 minutes. More so, it will interest you to know that, there exist more designs to choose from than curtains. In terms of cost, based on their functionality, durability and maintenance time, roller blinds are cheaper than curtains.
· Unlike curtains, roller blinds are more environmental friendly-curtains have a tendency to accumulate more dust and other impurities much more than roller blinds. Evidently, curtains when used will result to respiratory problems and allergies to people who have sinus and those who are dust sensitive. For curtains, one has to pull the entire curtain to clean whereas in roller blinds, one is required to only roll its down and wipe.
· Comes in different materials and designs-there are roller blinds for living room, kitchen and even bathroom. Only thing you need to do is specify where you intend to use it from and the dealers will guide you. For those interested in completely blocking out the light, there is a special package for them; specifically designed for media houses and conference rooms where they intend to use presentations in their discussions.
Choosing the right roller blind
– Singapore has these HDB house designs that somehow look similar in terms of design and is more compatible with nearly every interior design venture. In Singapore markets, there are different types of roller blinds to choose from and the following factors determine what type of roller blind one settles on:
· Purpose-where the roller blind is intended to be used. There are different types of roller blinds to choose from, there are those designed to be used in bathrooms, there are those designed to be used in bedrooms, and there are those designed to be used in living rooms. It is entirely up to you to specify the one you need.
· Cost-as stated earlier in this article, roller blind is more economical in terms of purchasing cost and installation. Since roller blinds are more durable, it is recommended that you purchase one that is of high quality.
· Type of fabric, colour and such-this entirely depends on buyers preference. People go for the colours they like and fabrics they find comforting. It should not be difficult though choosing a colour.
How much does it cost exactly to install roller blinds in your HDB?
– Before you are given a quotation, first the designer/installer needs to take measurements of all windows you intend to fit roller blinds on. For a five room’s window HDB, the estimate cost ranges from S$800 to S$3500. If you are the kind of person who likes quality, then approximately S$1500 should be enough; though you may want to compare the prices before making up your mind.
Roller blinds lasts longer, it is therefore prudent to sacrifice and buy something worth buying at once and go for the best quality. Secondly, deal with dealers who install it free when you purchase from them or those who combine both blinds’ price and installation fee together and lastly regularly clean the blinds to avoid clogging of dirt and other impurities.