Interior decor is one fascinating field and one that is well explained in drawings and figures, not words. It is no doubt that everyone is more concerned with how things feel and look around them. Thinking of living in heaven here on earth? Then there is more to it. Converting your home into this peaceful sanctuary goes beyond furniture and paintings. More consideration should be taken staring from the word go: how the house is designed, how it is painted, how it is furnished up to how it smells. Nonetheless, our focus in this article is going to be on taking care of the windows using roller blinds.
What is a roller blind?
In simple words possible, roller blinds can be defined as curtains alternative, or rather, stiffened fabrics that are/can be rolled up onto a tube to pave way for light penetration they just like curtains serve the purpose of blocking harmful UV rays and most importantly, prevent dust and unnecessary wind from blowing into your home or office.
Why install roller blinds and not curtains?
· Roller blinds are easier and more economical to install- it is needless to say that Singapore is home to many great designers and architects. Finding someone qualified and experienced to install roller blinds in your office or home may not even take you 30 minutes. More so, it will interest you to know that, there exist more designs to choose from than curtains. In terms of cost, based on their functionality, durability and maintenance time, roller blinds are cheaper than curtains.
· Unlike curtains, roller blinds are more environmental friendly-curtains have a tendency to accumulate more dust and other impurities much more than roller blinds. Evidently, curtains when used will result to respiratory problems and allergies to people who have sinus and those who are dust sensitive. For curtains, one has to pull the entire curtain to clean whereas in roller blinds, one is required to only roll its down and wipe.
· Comes in different materials and designs-there are roller blinds for living room, kitchen and even bathroom. Only thing you need to do is specify where you intend to use it from and the dealers will guide you. For those interested in completely blocking out the light, there is a special package for them; specifically designed for media houses and conference rooms where they intend to use presentations in their discussions.
Choosing the right roller blind
– Singapore has these HDB house designs that somehow look similar in terms of design and is more compatible with nearly every interior design venture. In Singapore markets, there are different types of roller blinds to choose from and the following factors determine what type of roller blind one settles on:
· Purpose-where the roller blind is intended to be used. There are different types of roller blinds to choose from, there are those designed to be used in bathrooms, there are those designed to be used in bedrooms, and there are those designed to be used in living rooms. It is entirely up to you to specify the one you need.
· Cost-as stated earlier in this article, roller blind is more economical in terms of purchasing cost and installation. Since roller blinds are more durable, it is recommended that you purchase one that is of high quality.
· Type of fabric, colour and such-this entirely depends on buyers preference. People go for the colours they like and fabrics they find comforting. It should not be difficult though choosing a colour.
How much does it cost exactly to install roller blinds in your HDB?
– Before you are given a quotation, first the designer/installer needs to take measurements of all windows you intend to fit roller blinds on. For a five room’s window HDB, the estimate cost ranges from S$800 to S$3500. If you are the kind of person who likes quality, then approximately S$1500 should be enough; though you may want to compare the prices before making up your mind.
Roller blinds lasts longer, it is therefore prudent to sacrifice and buy something worth buying at once and go for the best quality. Secondly, deal with dealers who install it free when you purchase from them or those who combine both blinds’ price and installation fee together and lastly regularly clean the blinds to avoid clogging of dirt and other impurities.
Benefits of Installing Roller Blinds for HDB
You can decorate your home with some of the great decorative items in HDB Singapore. But while selecting decorative products for your home you should choose those that can match the style of your property. You can also decorate your home by installing roller blinds at various parts of your home. People install roller blinds for HDB due to the benefits these blinds can provide them. Most interior designers in Singapore also recommend installing roller blinds in the HDB homes because of their great benefits, briefly discussed here under.
Improve the style of your home: You can improve the looks of your entire HDB home by using a number of decorative items. You can also increase the beauty of your home by using certain other items like roller blinds. These blinds can normally give a new stylish and trendy look to your home by enhancing its aesthetic beauty. You can find a wide variety of these blinds in the market. They are available in different colors and styles from which you can choose according to the décor of the interior of your home. It can be more beneficial for you to consult an interior decorator while selecting these blinds for your home.
Save energy: When you install roller blinds for HDB flat then you can easily reduce the transfer of energy from the exterior of your home to its interior. In this way, your blinds can help in reducing the consumption of energy in your home. While selecting blinds for your home you should compare all the varieties available in the market to find the best. Roller blinds are the best of almost all the options available in the market because they are made from strong and thick materials. So, for this reason, they can help in blocking the transfer of heat into your home and can reduce the consumption of energy by your aircon.
Protect your privacy: The roller blinds installed in your HDB home can allow you to live in your home very comfortably and privately because they protect your privacy. They protect the privacy of your family because they are made from opaque or non-transparent materials. When you are using blinds then no person form outside can look into your property through these blinds. These blinds should be installed properly to ensure the usage of all of their functions. If you want to improve privacy of your room then you can also add some additional layers along with the blinds.
Improve the value of your home: When you install roller blinds in your HDB home then you can improve its market value to a significant level. You can also install it for this purpose if you are planning to sell your property. You can install these blinds as outdoor as well as indoor blinds in your HDB home. Most of the home buyers normally want to purchase a property beautifully decorated with roller blinds as these blinds can enhance the overall style and beauty of the house.
Control the brightness inside your room: You should be able to manage the level of brightness inside your room if you want to feel comfortable in your home. Though you can also use certain other methods to control the brightness in your room but roller blinds are considered the best because of their various other benefits. The movement of these blinds can be managed easily to control the brightness in your room. You can roll them up to increase brightness and roller them down to reduce it inside your room.
Low maintenance: One more benefit of roller blinds is that they can be maintained very easily and inexpensively. Normally they can be installed easily at very low cost but if you opt for motorized roller blinds then it can be an expensive option for you. But motorized roller blinds also allow you to close and open them remotely with a remote control system.
So to avail the benefits of roller blinds for HDB you should consult your interior decorator to choose the right blinds. They can help you in improving the looks of your home by installing binds along with other decorative items. However, while choosing these blinds your focus should be on the durability and quality of their materials instead of only on their price.